Friday, August 23, 2013

Simple, Pretty Skirt

IMG_5721.1

My friend, Sarah, texted me a few weeks ago asking if I sew.  I suppose all the sewing projects I've pinned gave her the wrong idea.  Hmmm.  So I told her no.  No I do not.  Apparently this did not matter as I found myself a week later at her house, yard of fabric in hand.

IMG_5091

Our attempt was somewhat comical, but we made a little progress.  I finished this bad boy up on my mom's machine last week, and I'm quite tickled that I sewed something!  So thank you Sarah for pushing me to try something new.  Sewing machine is definitely on my Christmas list for for 2013!

IMG_5725

IMG_5726

And here is my little sprite modeling her new skirt.  That her mama made.  That's right.

IMG_5749

Sources:

Fabric: Hobby Lobby
Skirt tutorial: www.danamadeit.com

1 comment:

Emily Main said...

This is so cool! I love the fabric you chose. And H in the last picture...I had to do a double-take. She looks so grown up here! Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails