Friday, January 20, 2012

Inventory of a Day

IMG_2391

I seem to have a lot of days where I am exhausted at the end of the day, but have nothing to show for it.  This is insanely frustrating.  Like, you can look around my house and it is worse off than it started that morning.  Clothes and dishes piled higher, more clutter, more dirt.  So yesterday, I took inventory of my time and wrote down what I actually did.  Just seeing that, yes, in fact, I did accomplish something, helps.  Both girls were with me all day, so all the normal things that go along with meeting the needs of a 1 and 3 year old can be assumed (potty, diapers, spills, meltdowns, etc).  Oh, and no one took a nap.

So here it is.
-Made grocery list, meal planned for remainder of week (normally would do this on Monday but  Monday was a holiday and the stomach bug visited our house), cut coupons
-Went to grocery store
-Came home unloaded groceries and put them away
-Took girls down the street to the park for about 45 minutes since they had been cooped up inside for several days
-Prepared and fed girls lunch
-My mom came by and watched the girls while I worked/edited (until about 4:30).  Way behind!
-Prepared dinner for girls and fed them
-Made a pie
-Fixed "actual" dinner
-Ate with the husband
-Bathed, pj'd girls
-Brushed girls' teeth
-Put girls to bed
-Took a bath

**Somewhere in there I fed the cat twice, got the mail, unloaded/loaded dishwasher, and swept under the kitchen table.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Girl, that is quite an accomplishment! It can be so frustrating, because our work is never done! Great idea to write it all down!

Robyn Herring said...

Listen. I'm impressed just that you took your two children to the grocery with you. At my house, grocery shopping only happens when the hubs watches the children or when the children are in bed. Period. I would lose my mind if I took them both to an actual grocery trip, I'm sure of it.

leigh ann said...

That's a lot of stuff...and I love the ballerina photo. Miss my ballerinas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails