Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fall Latelies

It's been a bit of a whirlwind around these parts.  Lots of goings-ons.  Taking the fall one day at a time, and really trying to enjoy all its delicacies.  I do not like winter.  I can handle up through Christmas day...the rest is pure torture.  The last few falls have even been pretty blah.  Either been in the Zofran-popping, death-throes of pregnancy or the foggy-headed zombie-land of new baby-having.
Aside:  Of all the sizes that I've been the past 4 falls, none of my pants fit me.  How is that even possible?  I'm somewhere in the middle of my weight range.
Anyway, all that rambling to say, I have purposed to enjoy fall, and fallish things this year.  We've collected acorns and leaves.  Made banana bread.  Burned my new orange peel candle.  Gone on hay rides.  Drank pumpkin spice latte.  Made santa fe soup.  And potato soup.  Crunched leaves. Worn wellies in the rain.

Watched the sun set over the Gulf.
IMG_0947

Bundled up and enjoyed a little fall beach time.
IMG_1004

IMG_0962

IMG_0974

Played golf with Daddy.  Check out her stance.
IMG_0464

IMG_0466

IMG_0478

Made the most of these last few warm days with "backyard fun".
IMG_0440

IMG_0418

IMG_0419

IMG_0433
*This brick was "pirate treasure" that they buried and dug up and fought over.

IMG_0382

Rode on the Gator.  Or mostly just climbed all over it.
IMG_0936

Celebrated Indians.  And Pilgrims.  And feasting.
IMG_1034

IMG_1046
Ever seen a grumpy Indian?  A little frightening, no?

Here's one to redeem her.
IMG_0933

And one more of little sister.
IMG_0929

Here's to the coming week of Thanksgiving and grace to make thanks-giving the way of a lifetime.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a full and blessed fall you have had! I love that you are finding the beauty in it all. (And none of your pants fit you b/c you are teeny tiny!!) :)

leigh ann said...

None of my pants fit either. But somehow I feel more sorry for me than you! I love the grumpy indian--she is fierce!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails