Friday, May 20, 2011

Lately

We are back from an exhausting vacation.  And it is good to be home.  Glory in the mundane.
IMG_1010

I am starting to see it.

IMG_1043

Excursions and mountaintops are nice, but He is revealing His heart to me here.

IMG_1558

 In the grind.

IMG_1568

 In the too much to do and not enough time.

IMG_1026

 Right in the mess of home.

IMG_1034

 In my weaknesses and sufferings.

IMG_1033

 Just starting to blow flame to my stone heart.  Tuning it to sing His grace.

IMG_1570
*Just finished this book.  Recommended reading.  My soul is still digesting it.  


" 'Wherever you are, be all there.'  I have lived the runner, panting ahead in worry, pounding back in regrets, terrified to live in the present, because here--time asks me to do the hardest of all:  just open wide and receive...

This is where God is.
In the present.  I AM--His very name...

This is supreme gift, time, God Himself framed in moment."
                                                                          Ann Voskamp, OneThousand Gifts



2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh gracious. You know I love this. You captured all those precious gifts beautifully!

Jason and Laura Brantley said...

i have that book sitting on my bed side table but haven't quite gotten started on it...you are making want to read it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails