Saturday, April 9, 2011

Augusta National

We made a pilgrimage to Augusta this past week to watch a little golf, walk on the prettiest grass around, and eat little sandwiches.  It was a short getaway, but fun nonetheless.  Sister and brother-in-law made the trek with us.  We started the fun with dinner at Twist in the ATL.  Then off to spend the night at the super swank Holiday Inn Express.  I'm not even kidding when I say it was nice.  Real nice Clark.  Getting up at 4:30 (our time) to be in Augusta at rope drop was almost compensated for by the free hotel breakfast.  We are talking biscuits and gravy, bakery style cinnamon rolls, big muffins, and a plethora of other goodies.  Who knew?  It's the small things, right?

We had a great time.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves (starting with the most important thing)...

IMG_9219

IMG_9163

IMG_9169

IMG_9148

IMG_9178

IMG_9191

IMG_9216

IMG_9246

IMG_9237

IMG_9160

2 comments:

leigh ann said...

We had fun too! I wish I was eating a Holiday Inn Express cinnamon roll this morning (seriously).

Robyn Herring said...

Okay, so we stayed at a hotel last weekend and the breakfast was awesome. I seriously got pumped about it. Glad to know I'm not alone. And though I care nothing about golf, I do need someone to smuggle me out one of these little sandwiches I have to hear about year after year from my golf-loving friends. In fact, I have a feeling a certain other friend of ours will post something similar on her blog soon since she is in Augusta this weekend. One day. Great pic of you and the hubs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails